(FAQ) Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What is skinning?
- 2. What is a User Class?
'Skinner', a person who creates skins for programs.
'Program Rep.', a person who acts as an official voice for a program.
'Offsite Op.', A person who is in authority (ie. Administrator) at another site.
If you feel you are one of these people and do not have this classification please notify one of our Admins.
- 3. Some words on uploading to Skinning.net.
1. Please make sure to upload to the correct category.
2. Make sure your file names are unique, if your file name is the same as one that has already been used it will NOT upload to the site.
3. Uploads must include a screenshot. Wallpapers and icons must be placed in a zip file format.
Also, all uploads go through an approval period so some time might take place before you see your upload. We are not in a habit of rejecting uploads but it does occur, mostly for non-working and/or inappropriate material.
- 4. I would like to upload a skin for _____ but I don't see a category for it. What should I do?
- 5. I uploaded _____ to Skinning.net and I want to update it, how can I do that?
- 6. I have a WIP (Work in Progress) and was hoping for some help and/or opinions, what can I do?
- 7. I downloaded a 'skin' from ____ and it doesn't work. Why?
- 8. I'm from another site and I want to tell people what great news we have. Can I link to my other site?
- 9. I don't see a link to our great site on the "Links" page, can I get one up here?
- 10. I would like to see an RSS feed in the "Newsfeed" section, how do I get you to put it in there?
- 11. I represent another site and would like to 'Partner' with Skinning.net, how do I do that?
- 12. I see a Calendar. What's it for and can I add stuff to it?
- 13. What do I do if I ever feel I have been banned from the site by mistake?
If you have any other questions please feel free to ask, we will be happy to assist you.
The Skinning.net Staff